What I’m up to these days
I’m Mark Saroufim and I run Yuri.ai which is a company that helps game developers train competitive AI for their video games. I contribute to various OSS robotics projects and enjoy writing and talking about combining ideas from ML, robotics and algebra.
- Microsoft: Applied NLP Scientist, Developer and Program Manager and Microsoft AI and Research on stuff ranging from M&A’s to next gen email rankers
- NASA’s JPL: Part of their OG data science team making sure noone hacks the Mars Rover
- UC San Diego: Studied ML and Theory. Taught Quantum Computing, Deep Learning, Theory of Computation and Discrete Math
- UC Berkeley: Built a self driving submarine
- American University of Beirut: Studied Electrical Engineering. Built UberPool before Uber was a thing
- I hoard books
- I run a satire podcast where I interview different influential people in Deep Learning
- I design and build robots that don’t work very well
- I make and play video/board games
- I play Dota and Chess competitively
My first name last name @ the google email company DOT COM.